It has been a month since the iPhone 6 came out and I'm still in awe of the thing.
I've had every iteration of the iPhone as well as a few Android phones and the Sidekick two and three. The iPhone 6 is by far the best phone I've ever used and it is just perfect.
Since there are an abundance of reviews out there already that more in depth than mine, I've decided to lists a few quick thoughts on this magical device.
- The sleep/wake button on the side took a few days getting used to but it wasn't a big deal. Now, I sometimes push the volume button on the side of my iPad thinking it's the sleep button.
- The phone is nice and thin but I would have liked Apple to increase the battery life. The iPhone 6 lasts a bit longer than the 5s but not by that much.
- And since it's so thin, I've dropped it once already and have had a few more close calls. The thing is like a bar of soap and its best if you put it in a case. I refused to do so though because I don't want to cover up its beauty (don't worry, I bought AppleCare+ just in case).
- The screen is way more vibrant. Colors are deeper and brighter.
- Speakers are a bit louder than its predecessor.
- The cellular antenna is better. I'm getting 1-2 more bars than I previously did in some dead areas.
- This is not a particular iPhone 6 feature but a T-Mobile one. The carrier now offers free SMS and data roaming to most countries worldwide and phone calls are $0.20/minute. Normally, if I had to go out of the country, I would have gotten a pay as you go SIM card but on my last trip, I didn't have to do anything at all. They've said that they cap data speeds after a certain limit but I didn't notice much of a difference after a few days use.
All in all, the 4.7 inch screen is exactly what I need since the 4" screen of the iPhone 5s is too small and the 5.5" iPhone 6 Plus is just way to big.
I think Apple got it right with this size and I believe this will be the norm from now on for them.